May 'Save The Kingdom' Fairyloot Box - Review



All The Fairyloot Items


Hello Folkie-Dots!!


As I’m pretty sure you all know, I am a huge bookworm... Its almost more like an obsession but anyway...
I recently subscribed to the one and only Fairyloot box. It’s a monthly box that comes packed with bookish goodies and an awesome book! At first I was really hesitant about getting it as it is kinda pricey and you have no control over what comes.
But in the end with much thought (and some pleas from my friend irish.book.nymph) I decided to get the May box. And honestly I’m so glad I did.
So now I’m going to go over the items in the picture above in more detail, as well as give a quick review on them. I’m going to link the item creators Instagram page too, so you can find the company if a certain item catches your attention.
(Note: I am not sponsored to do this post. It is a completely honest review, and I am not getting payed to do it!)


Morrighan Lip Scrub – GeekyClean

Okay, so at first I was kinda curious on how to use this at first, but thanks to some helpful instructions on the back of the pot, I now use it pretty much every evening. It smells absolutely divine! There were three different types in the boxes (which one you get is random) and I am so pleased with this one. The flavour is Berries and Grape, and is just sublime!!


Throne of Glass Page Flags – Fictionteadesigns

As a fan of Throne of Glass I was pretty pleased to have an item based on this series. However, I really don’t see myself using them. The idea is just to mark a page that has a great quote or a plot twist so that you can find it again with ease. While I like the sound of it, I just don’t think I’ll be using them.


English Breakfast Tea – Thetealeafcompany


I’m English, so I know a few things about English Breakfast Tea. I’ve been impressed with some, and disgusted with others...This one one I was VERY pleased about. I let mine steep for about 3ish minutes, and used the recommended 1tsp of tea leaves. I also poured in a bit of milk (no I did not measure how much milk I used!). It had a very delicate flavour and I thoroughly enjoyed it!


Book Sleeve – Reverieandink

I’ll admit, the fist time I seen this item I was concerned that I wouldn’t use it. I never had before, so why now? Oh boys was I wrong! I don’t usually take my books around in my bag. If I have to go into town or anywhere, it’s strictly business; in and out. But I’ve found that having the sleeve just helps out in home situations too. I leave my books everywhere. Usually in the kitchen where it gets bundled around with all the other stuff. The book-sleeve really helps prevent damage to the book. Or somebody using your book as a cup mat...It’s happened... The sleeve also has water proof lining, and not to mention absolutely stunning! The print reads: “Fear is only your enemy if you allow it to be”. It also has a gorgeous red/orange, and purple galaxy background!



Norgard Bath Bomb – Littleheartgifts

Bath bombs are almost like a necessity of life... Every time I have a bath (which is rarely) a bomb is a must. That’s why I was so happy to receive this. I can’t say too much about it as I haven't actually used it yet...I hoard stuff... But I’ll tell you what I do know. It smells amazing! It’s a very subtle scent, (Moonstones & Berries) which is unusual for me to get, I usually like the really strong scented ones. But this is seriously heavenly, and it’s in the shape of a castle, I mean how much better can it get!? (Did you catch the ‘North and South’ reference?)


Coaster – Eviebookish

This is a really neat item. And it sits with pride on top of my bedside table. The quote is “You Are Your Own Best Weapon” and it’s from the book The Winner’s Kiss’ by Marie Rutkoski. This is an exclusive coaster and can only be had by buying the May Fairyloot box.


Book – Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett

The moment of awe I felt while taking this book out of its protective cover was amazing. It’s a beautiful hardback edition with sprayed black edges. It also came with a signed bookplate by the author which was very cool. The cover underneath the dust jacket is white and it has beautiful gold lettering on the spine. I’m not going into details of the book yet. But, I am going to do a full (spoiler free) review post very soon.


Misc. Items

There were some pretty cool bookmarks and prints in the box too. Which I’m very happy with. Because, no one ever has enough bookmarks. I’ve also put my prints onto my wall, and they look absolutely awesome!



And that’s it! All in all I’m so happy with my box, and I’m really looking forward to the next box! A big thank you to the Fairyloot team and all the people who worked to prepare, make, and pack all the amazing stuff!


Comments

Popular Posts